The Universe has a wonderful timing system when it comes to feeling things out. This may be all you need to know in life. lol
It's all related to the Number 3!
Every 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months, etc comes with checkpoints for you to take "inventory" of your life's foundations.
It's a good reminder to Rest, Reevaluate, and/or Release any excess "baggage".
It's why Mercury in Retrograde lasts about 3 weeks with the same purpose. :)
Here are some simple ways to use the Universal vibration of 3s in your daily life.
This will help you to avoid getting bored with your life, relationships, and/or career.
Health - Check in with your energy patterns. Low energy days are great for trying 3 new health foods, products, and/or delivery services. High energy days are great for trying out 3 new exercises (dance (hula, belly dancing, hip hop), martial arts, yoga).
This is also a great time to declutter your environment with bags for trash, donation, and recycling.
You can then cook yourself a healthy meal and/or go out for one afterward.
Relationships - Many have had relationships last only 3 month to 3 years. Many have also had relationships last only 3 weeks! It's all ok though fellow Millennials. ;P That's how the Universe vibrates!
Relationships act as mirrors at the end of the day. They come in to reflect back what you need to bring up within and/or release.
Example: I actually learned Kung Fu martial arts after meeting someone who taught me a few marine combat skills.
There's no sane reason to go into obsession mode with people. Be your own "Karate Kid" folks! :)
You may just need to search for an offline class, recipe, online tutorial, etc that's on your Bucket list.
Meetup.com is a Free Worldwide Resource with many offline interest groups.
Travel - Speaking of meetups and bucket lists. Traveling is a great way to meet new people from all over the World!
As a digital nomad with a sociology background, it's always interesting to observe tourists and locals in new countries and cities. Many of us do this every 3 weeks in new locations and/or accommodations. Many travel visas vibrate to the energy of 3s as well to allow this "observational research". It's amazing how much you can learn.
People are definitely More Alike than Different. You have your good and bad in every culture.
"Judge" the individuals vs the entire group...unless it's a cult.
Kudos to every man...and woman around the World that has held a door open for us female travel foodies! Those reusable grocery bags get filled up quickly, esp when you're in locations that carry international foods from nearby countries.
Relationships often need travel boosts to keep things mentally and emotionally stimulating.
It's OK if you only stay in your accommodation and/or "all you can eat" resorts. That can be your safest bet in some locations. ;)
Order 3 new foods, products, etc from the local supermarkets and/or restaurants for delivery. Food always brings people together as a nice distraction, esp when you're in conflict with your travel partners. 3 is definitely a "drunk" and emotional travel crowd! Some of yall should try solo traveling is all I'm saying. :)
Happy Universal Vibrations!
It's that time again. Mercury (planet of thoughts, communications, travel, etc) will be Retrograde from Feb 16th to March 9th.
It's a great time to REfresh, REnew, REevaluate, and REst.
Foggy thoughts and miscommunications are more likely now. Get things in writing, repeat things if necessary, and avoid long distance travels if possible. It's not a time for major decision making either. Plan accordingly if you can't avoid deadlines though. Stay mindful nonetheless as you Keep Calm and Carry On.
2020 is still a year to stay focused on the long term vs. short term. ;)
It doesn't matter where I go in the World, thunderstorms will always leave an "electric" spiritual energy in the air. Sensitive people like myself will always feel it too! Spirits are very active during this time, especially at night. It's like feeling a scene from the original Ghostbusters movie. hehe You don't have to watch a "scary" movie to get uncomfortable. Feeling things out is always the most annoying. lol It's why I have to leave people, places, and things a lot of the time....that and boredom!
This does bring me to the topic of spiritual cleansing though. :)
You will have to give yourself atleast 2 weeks for the "ritual rebirth" phase though. This is for your mind, body, and spirit to adjust to your healthier lifestyle.
Here's how to get started....
* Bowl of Salt - Salt has always been a antibacterial spiritual cleanser. It's a tried and true "ritual" that dates back to many cultures. You can sprinkle it the corners of your home, around your home, in your travel accommodations, etc. Just vacuum it up later. You can even place bowls of salt around. You can also use salt to cleanse your aura and yourself. Enjoy a sea salt soak, salt scrub with grapeseed oil or olive oil for your face and body, and/or a simple salt water face wash. This is all great if you want to rid yourself from harsh beauty chemicals for awhile...or forever. Water in itself is a natural cleanser with a 7 Ph balance. This doesn't strip your skin. Adding salt is just a healthy win for your spiritual cleanse. Add some cleansing essentials oils like tea tree oil, lavender oil, and/or peppermint oil if you'd like.
* Kombucha - Kombucha is a fermented tea with probiotics. It's a great carbonated drink for those who want to rid themselves from alcohol, sodas, etc. It's great for those who are looking to get their bodies more Ph balanced. Kombucha is naturally acid. It turns alkaline in the body though. Your body should be more alkaline than acid. Kombucha can assist with detoxing your liver, increasing your metabolism, preventing cancer, reducing blood pressure, relieving headaches, and rebuilding connective tissues. It's also great for an energy boost! A little goes a long way though. Enjoy 2 tablespoons in a natural salad dressing of olive oil and lemon juice (all alkaline). You can also just drink it on its own in the same amount. I wouldn't exceed over 8 tablespoons throughout the day.
* Alkaline Foods - Ideally you will want your plate to be a balance of alkaline and acid foods. Balance is key. You can get your day started with a cup of warm lemon water for detoxing. This will give you an energetic kick start if you're trying to get off of caffeine.
Some alkaline foods that you can incorporate into your diet are olive oil, veggie juices, onions, garlic, broccoli, asparagus, parsley, raw spinach salads, mixed lettuce salads, green beans, zucchini, fresh corn, avocados, sweet potatoes, peas, okra, tomatoes, carrots, olives, cabbage, apples, cherries, plums, lemons, limes, grapefruit, ginger tea, herb teas, raw honey, tofu, soybeans, lentils, quinoa, and goat cheese (probiotic soft cheese).
You can pair these foods with some low acid foods like cooked spinach, kidney beans, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, sprouted wheat breads, cold water fish like salmon, brown rice, eggs, butter, and oats.
Happy Spiritual Cleansing! ;D
Face masks are getting really popular right now as people try to avoid getting sick. I wanted to share the three types of masks that I've had stocked since my last visit to Japan last Fall. I also brought some blue packaged disposable surgical masks over from the U.S.
My germaphobic intention last year was to avoid getting sick on the plane. The second intention was to avoid allergy seasons.
It's important to know the difference though in terms of which masks are best for what.
The Unicharm black masks are great to block out viruses, bacteria, and pollution.
The Pitta designer masks are to block out pollen and dust. They are comfortable and reusable for up to 3 washes.
Unless you're in the center of a virus epidemic, these disposable and reusable mask types should be good enough for the rest of us.
Washing your hands, avoiding touching your face, taking off the masks by the loops to dispose, and keeping some diluted tea tree oil in a spritz bottle are all beneficial for a healthy traveling ninja. :)
You would think spirits were more like dogs though. Nah! Cats! lol
This post comes after Kobe's death when I was just done being "fans" of celebrities. Being only a few years younger than Kobe and a fan of his team, esp when Phil came onto the scene after the Bulls, you really go from being a fan to being a friend in your head...in the healthy sense of course.
I'm good at going from the grief stages of Denial to the ending stage of Acceptance REALLY fast these days though. I grew up religious before seeking freedom to just be spiritual in the 90s...a time when you had to have some level of detachment as a musician and music fan.
As someone who has seen spirits since a child though, I have to laugh at how they come into our lives when we call on them and/or think about them. Even during my years doing mediumship readings, I always warned people that the spirit chooses the medium and I Always get the ones with a sense of humor. Life and the After Life are to be enjoyed after all! :)
Here are some humorous ways that Spirits are like Cats though...
* They come with just a thought.
Telepathy is the natural spirit language and pet language. They can choose how they come as well...dreams, visions, physical energy, etc. It's no secret that cats are very sensitive to energies (present and passed over) as well.
* They cockblock your life if you're wasting your time.
Shinee's Jonghyun came to me days after his passing that was two days before my birthday. I was just getting into the group too. He showed me so many visions about the music scene, my personal life, etc that have already come true. It's just a waiting game for the rest of the visions to come true as well. That's why this year I'm just going to be a Shinee fan.
I joke about the cockblocking because he showed me his last solo album as the final songs to put on my soundcloud playlist. It really does have some great beats. Needless to say, I haven't added any songs since. Even in one of the songs he states "the only one you need". Spirits will streamline your life so you can have a life is all I'm saying. ;) Cats aren't afraid to do the same!
* They confirm what you already know.
This is pretty much what I do. lol I actually asked Kobe for some travel advice as I continue exploring Asia this year. He showed me a very specific area that I had looked into before. I took that advice to use for all future travels. If you're traveling this year, you may be able to use this same advice. It's really quite simple. Visit green spaces around water, flowers, and animals...even if it's just stray cats chillin at the park. :)
The Year of the Rat is already "plagued" with "mouse traps". It's a cheesy pun I know. hehe
Having a sense of humor can save you the stress of planning your escapes if necessary, esp when the World is caught up in climate change to politics.
That's every year though right?
Here are some easy ways and tools to help you out if you're a health nut or extra germaphobic this year.
* Buy a set of hand towels, satin sheets, pillow cases, bottled water, pastel face masks, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, lavender oil, umbrella (rain and sun), multivitamins, and mosquito repellents.
* Google Maps - Zoom into a country's Green Spaces, supermarkets, accommodations, and street view to walk the neighborhood for any hidden gems/updates.
* Coworker - Locate coworking spaces to get around like minded individuals if you're a digital nomad. Public libraries can also be beneficial for quiet work spaces. Both are often in decent areas.
* Numbeo - Check out the cost of living, air pollution, etc from locals and travelers around the World.
* Aqicn.org/map/world/ - Check out Real Time Air Pollution and Air Quality Rankings.
* Taxifarefinder, Ride.guru - Check out taxi fare estimates, ride share comparisons (check local ride shares), etc.
Pink taxis in some cities are for women only FYI.
Write out your locations in the country's language so it's clear.
Having a yellow writing pad with blue pens helps with memory retention as well!
* Skyscanner - Check out flights for monthly dates and pricing for last minute trips/escapes.
The first opportunity for starting your Rat Year off right is to enjoy some Lucky Chinese New Year Foods.
Every food is easy to find at your local supermarket and/or get delivered.
Do the Foods actually work for Luck?
I can't guarantee such claims, but I can say that I started 2019 off with every food mentioned below. By June I was in Hawaii beginning my digital nomad island hopping venture overseas! I just happen to be on Jeju Island with all of its Jeju tangerines for 2020's Chinese New Year. I did not plan that. lol It works though!
Test the Foods out for Yourself in 2020!
* Mandarin Oranges - Mandarin Oranges and/or Tangerines bring wealth due to their golden color. Display real or faux oranges during your meal. Place the real ones in the fridge afterward to keep them fresh. Enjoy the great doses of Vitamin C.
* Whole Fish - Fish brings fortune, especially when you leave a little leftover for the next day. This is the equivalent of having some money saved/invested for disposable income.
* Dumplings - Dumplings bring wealth, especially when they are boat shaped.
* Long Noodles - Long noodles bring health and longevity. Get your slurp on without trying to cut them. :)