You can call them surgical masks, pollution masks, pollen masks, dust masks, etc. They are a great accessory to have on hand due to their many uses. Here are a few...
* Allergy and Pollution Protection - These are obvious uses. Top notch masks like Japan's Pitta Masks combine fashion with reusable wash care.
* Warm Weather Protection - Plush animal masks for kids and adults are adorable. It's a great way to stay warm and protected from Flu Season. It's also great for protecting others. Sharing isn't caring when you're sick!
* Makeup Free Zone - Some people wear masks to avoid wearing makeup. There's nothing wrong with that! It's a two in one if you're heading out and still want to protect yourself from germs and pollution.
* Cosmetic Surgery Protection - Protection from the weather is often necessary after surgery. Masks are great for protecting surgical scars and puffiness. Non surgical procedures (collagen powder, collagen drinks, CoQ10, essential oils, restructuring fillers, etc) are often the best way to go though if you've ever had surgery annoyances.
* Mood Swings - We aren't always in the mood to put on a smile, especially if it's cold, raining, etc. Masks come in a variety of cute faces to express yourself. It's great for those who have a great sense of humor...on the inside. lol