I'm going to provide you with a simple explanation to how Feng Shui Geography works in the practical and spiritual sense. Traditional Feng Shui utilizes both compass directions and the environment. I always carry a compass with me when I travel by the way. Having lived all over the U.S. and spent a good amount of time on atleast three islands (Hawaii, Japan, Jeju), I've really noticed some things...
1. The sensitive types will always get a "feel" of their neighboring countries and islands based on where they reside.
2. Buddhist Temples have really great Feng Shui Geography!
* The North is associated with Career Growth.
It's an Ideal location to have a country or state. There's a reason so many dominant and/or progressive countries are "Sitting on Top of the World" in the North. Island countries can act as their own "Top of the World" North as well. Despite its dominant location, the North is associated with Yin energy, not Yang. Water energy (oceans, waterfalls, rivers, and lakes) are ideal to have in the North.
* The Northeast is associated with Personal Growth.
Mountains and Valleys are Ideal.
* The East is associated with Family Harmony and Ambition Growth.
* The Southeast is associated with Financial Growth.
Trees and Water are Ideal for the East and Southeast locations.
* The South is associated with Recognition Growth.
The South is Yang energy. Deserts are Ideal. It's no secret that Southern countries and states can get pretty hot during the Summer months. This will only increase with Global Warming. Water energy is not ideal because it can "water down" recognition and relationship growth. I've personally noticed that the Southern parts of islands, states, and/or countries never vibe well with me as a Fire Sign. Too much yang is never a good thing. Oriental medicine is all about getting in that yin and yang balance, esp when you're traveling on vacation. I always head to the more Yin Northern locations with water and/or mountains for a reason. ;)
* The Southwest is associated with Relationship Growth.
Mountains and Valleys are Ideal.
* The West is associated with Children and Creative/Artistic Growth.
* The Northwest is associated with Helpful People and Travel Growth.
Water is Ideal for West and Northwest locations.
Building or Buying a Home?
The Ideal Location will look like the image below. This image is from Norway. A single story home is ideal to avoid extra floors/responsibilities "weighing down on you". A protective "mountain" behind you is also ideal. This can be a home that is slightly larger than yours, a mountain, and/or tall trees.
You will want to have a protective "cushion" on each side of your home as well. This can also be mountains, homes, and/or tall trees.
The front of your home can enjoy a nice relaxing river or slow traffic street. A little movement is necessary to keep energy moving. An active fountain or lake can work if nature is active on it. Land can also be in front of your home.
Feng Shui is all about harmonizing your environment. There's no better way to do that than to bring in nature. We don't all have a green thumb though. This is where artificial plants come in. You can bring in a touch of green to any area of your home.
Here are some Feng Shui Garden guidelines to keep in mind...
* Focus on the SE and E sectors - The SE and E compass directions of your rooms and homes are known as the Wealth and Family directions. Wealth is subjective though. Freedom is often associated with wealth for those who are looking for greater harmony and balance. Define what wealth means to you. The East's family sector operates with the same mindset. Define what family means to you. It's not always biological for many. Focus on the colors green, brown, and purple. Bring in water elements (blues, blacks, solar fountains, mirrors).
You can add water to the North's Career sector as well.
Avoid "watering down" your bedrooms though aka your relationships and health.
* Round Leaf Plants - Rounded leaf plants bring positive chi (energy) to your environments. It allows energy to circulate without obstructions. Round leaf plants are associated with money as well. Bring in artificial and real houseplants for the best energy. Pothos plants are great for cleaning the air in your home. You can easily replant their fast growth. Artificial bonsai plants and bamboo can bring zen to your bedrooms. Simply keep your artificial plants dust free to avoid stagnant energies.
* Artificial Grass & Green Rugs - Artificial grass lawns are a simple solution for every climate. Place a green rug in your kitchen to ground fire and water element clashes. This will help to ease any relationship tensions/arguments that occur in the kitchen as well!
Get more inspiration for your artificial gardens with ASTRO's All Night MV...
You can place all of your lovely pink, red, and yellow flowers in the
S (Fame & Reputation) and SW (Love) sectors.
Happy Feng Shui Gardening!
Create greater harmony and flow at your party with Feng Shui Design.
Here are some important factors to keep in mind when you are designing your
Make sure that your furniture is placed away from the walls.
You want to leave enough space for chi (energy) to flow around buffet tables and seating groups.
Create designated spaces for eating, socializing, dancing, and relaxing.
You want your guests to circulate your party spaces easily and effortlessly.
Place circular tables for drinks and appetizers throughout your party.
Keep seating comfortable with pillows and plenty of room to spread out.
Food and Drinks
The types of foods and drinks that you serve will depend on your party's theme.
Make sure that your food choices incorporate the five elements
(fire, water, earth, metal, wood).
Spicy dishes bring out the fire element.
Cool and refreshing dishes bring out the water element.
Having an assortment of appetizers and elemental dishes will allow guests to feel balanced.
Arrange buffet tables to flow by varying the heights of your food dishes.
Make sure that you have a designated spot for party games and bands.
Balance musical genres for a yin and yang flow.
You will want to place your entertainment away from the quieter North sectors.
A great location for entertainment is the South sectors of your home and/or party space.
Feng Shui Your Entire Home with an Intuitive Consultation HERE.
The Feng Shui Bedroom is all about Minimalism. Your bedroom rules your health and relationships (business to pleasure). Less is truly more when it comes to both actually! Keeping your bedroom simple, clean, and relaxing is the way to go...
Discover How to Harmonize Your Home with a Personal Consultation HERE.
Feng Shui (fung shway) is the ancient chinese art of
placement. Feng Shui design is all about balancing and harmonizing your environment's chi (energy). Through the use of colors, design, and compass directions, you can truly transform your environments. A transformed environment translates to a transformed life. Here are five ways to transform your love life today.
Clutter creates energy blocks in your environment.
Get organized by ridding everything that's nolonger working in your life.
Divide your home into sections for daily or weekly cleaning.
Create bins labeled Trash, Donate, File, and Recycle.
Take your bins to their designated dumping grounds at the end of each day.
This will help you to stay organized and avoid overwhelm for the next day's tasks.
Take a look at everything from furniture clutter to paper clutter.
The feng shui energy starts grooving the minute you start moving!
2. Southwest Sector
The Southwest sector is known as your Love and Relationships
sector. This is the area that governs all of your relationships
(business, family, friends, romance).
Bring in pinks, yellows, beige, white, and a little red to the Southwest.
3. Pair Items
Love starts within before it manifests outward.
See yourself paired up by pairing everything else up. Enjoy two end tables
next to a cozy loveseat, artwork that displays a couple in love, and/or a lovely
dining table set for two. The pairings are truly endless.
4. Bedroom Decor
Your bedroom rules your health and relationships.
Pay attention to the design and decor of the environment.
Make sure that your bed has a side table on each side.
This will manifest equal partnerships.
Have a strong headboard and baseboard as well.
This will manifest stability and security in your relationships.
Bring in the essence of sensuality with silk sheets, faux sheepskin rugs, and cozy blankets. You want to create a relaxing and cozy environment for yourself.
Bedroom No Nos
Avoid blacks and blues. These colors are associated with the water element.
You don't want to water down your relationships.
Avoid a home office in the bedroom. Your bedroom is for rest and relaxation.
Avoid mirrors that reflect the bed. Mirrors bounce energy around. This disturbs your health and sleep. Mirrors can also create a "third party" energy in your relationship. Televisions should be covered up or taken out.
You want your bedroom to be a sanctuary where the only distraction is your partner.
5. Create Your Ideal Partner
Knowing what you want will save you a lot of time in relationships.
Create an ideal partner and/or relationship list to place in the Southwest sector.
List the Top 20 qualities that you love about yourself.
This will help you to understand the partner qualities that will compliment you best.
Enjoy a Personal Feng Shui Consultation for Love HERE.