Now that everyone is paying more attention to coughs, sneezes, spitting, and everything in between, it's time to reduce your chances of having any of it come your way!
All of my food posts are health focused this year as you can see. That's no fun for any traveling foodie. :(
It's important though! :)
Dry coughs aren't just associated with flus and viruses. They are also associated with acid reflex as well.
We may never really know what is truly making someone cough though...unless they are smoking in front of you.
Food is often a big culprit!
You may want to reduce some of the following foods below to stay healthy during this time. Test these foods out if you're not sure that they are a problem. Hypersensitivity to foods, environments, etc often develops when people are in stressful situations.
It's best to reduce your stress as much as possible during this global pandemic.
* Peppermint (mint tea, mint toothpaste, mint gum, etc) - Stick to ginger honey tea and tea tree oil for dental care.
* Garlic, Black Pepper, and Onions - Garlic has been in a love-hate battle lately for a reason!
* Tomatoes (Ketchup, Pasta Sauce, etc)
* Citrus Fruits, Citrus Juices, Orange Juice, Apple Juice
* Green Tea, Black Tea
* Greasy Foods and Fried Foods
* Salty Foods
* Spicy Foods
* Coffee, Soda, Alcohol
It's important to take time to breathe, exercise, laugh, SLEEP, soak in a bath, and drink plenty of water to reduce your stress.
Staying away from large crowds is also advised for obvious reasons. :)