We can't all be Beyonce. We can slay all day in our own little ways though! I have my own personal secrets for staying in shape. A lot doesn't even involve working out! Here's the tea...
* Nutrition and Supplements - A healthy lifestyle is 80% on your plate and 20% in the "gym". Warmer weather naturally helps us to eat healthy. Our bodies crave healthy and chill foods.
- Ice water is a big consumption for me. It helps me to cool down from the inside. It also helps me to metabolize. I only drink a large glass of ice water after I finish eating.
- Proteins and Veggies are eaten a lot during warmer weather. I crave a lot of pre cooked bbq pork ribs during Summer as well. I often enjoy a portion size of 3 ribs with a 1/2 cup of mashed sweet potatoes. It gives me a great dose of protein and nostalgic cookout nom noms. A chicken or turkey salad is an easy way to go when I want something simple. Detox rest days usually consist of vegan foods and salads.
- Fruit is eaten a lot during warmer weather as well. The sun can break down anti-aging collagen. I make sure to eat A lot of oranges for vitamin C. Vitamin C produces collagen. It also keeps your immune system on point. The refreshing orange provides you with juice, fiber, and cheerful color therapy. You can learn more about the color Orange HERE. :) Oranges are a great way to end a meal due to the happy potassium minerals and natural sugars. They make a great snack as well!
- Supplements often consist of Krill Oil Omega 3s aka heart attack prevention, Curcumin Turmeric aka anti-aging antioxidants, Multivitamin every so often in 1/2 servings, Vit D aka I don't like to be out in the sun too long, and Grass fed collagen powder for healthy joints, muscle tone, skin and hair health, and metabolism and anti-aging boosts.
* Workouts - When I choose to workout, I usually lay down on my body vibration machine aka a 20 min nap time. If I'm not into muscle toning, I'll use my portable mini cycle. It can be put together anywhere for a quick soul cycle session. If I'm not into cardio, I'll just use my 5 lb dumbbells for some quick squats, side stretches, and arm toning. I always have music in my ears while doing any exercise. The #1 tip for working out is to have fun! Stress is the real killer!
Although my childhood choreographing and group dancing days are in the past, ASTRO's 22 min dance practice video brought back some fond memories. I was a bit more strict at times than these cutie pies. Typical fire sign. lol
Dancing is a great Summer exercise to get you in shape fast though! Aerobic dance classes, exercise videos, etc can help you find something that's fun for you (Ex: Hula, Belly Dancing, Hip Hop, Jazz Hands, etc). :)
Cheers to Your Summer workouts!