I often come across random travel tips from experience and/or from other travelers.
I wanted to add more to a list here.
To Be Continued...
* Hardshell Carry-Ons and/or Rolling Leather Duffle Bags - You get used to seeing folding grocery carts pushed by little old ladies in Japan. It's just one of the many practical "I want one" moments you may have. The handy travel equivalent is a small hard shell carry-on or a rolling leather duffle bag. You can consider it as your gigantic shopping purse. It really comes in handy when shopping at multiple stores during an errand run. Some prefer to travel with two carry-on suitcases for this reason. You can also just buy a cheap one at your long term destination.
It's handy for carrying everything eco-friendly that you'll need for a day out.
A rolling hard shell carry-on is a great picnic basket and picnic table as well!
* Toiletry Refill Packs, Dry Pantry Foods vs. Canned, etc - The best way to keep your essential purchases lightweight is to think "flat". Shower foam refill packs to bagged beans, rice, etc are just some examples.
Convenience stores in East Asia are handy for simple things like towels, slippers, toiletries, snacks, fruits, drinks, frozen meals, prepared meals, etc. It can save you a trip to the supermarket, mall, and/or drugstore.
Malls in SE Asia are handy for groceries, entertainment, drugstores, clothing, household goods, etc
* Ziploc bags - Organizing items in ziploc bags allows you to keep track of what you have and need.
* Local English Food Delivery Services - Popular services like Amazon, Uber eats, etc are pretty well known in JP. Some other local East Asia sites/services aren't always known though.
Shuttle (shuttledelivery.co/kr/en) is a handy delivery service in KR for your bbq to mexican food cravings.
10Mag provided a great list of English shopping sites for Food, Clothing, Health Supplements, etc in KR (https://10mag.com/english-websites-for-online-shopping-in-korea/)
Amazon is partnering with the local KR site (http://global.11st.co.kr/html/en/main_en.html).
Amazon items will be available through the site.
It's something to keep in mind for 2021 onward KR travels.
Japan already has a local Amazon site (https://www.amazon.co.jp/)
Alishan's Organic & Vegan Online Store (https://store.alishan.jp/en/products) is one option for imported and local JP delivered vegan meats like OmniPork
* USB Portable Fans, UV blocking Sun Umbrellas, etc - Anything practical that you catch on a home shopping network in KR and/or at Don Quijote and Daiso in JP are worth considering!
* Worldwide Personal Assistants - (https://meetingreetme.com/travelers) - Nuff said
Sagittarius Rooster with Over 20 Years Expertise in Metaphysics.