Natural products are always my go to for beauty products. Essential oils to collagen powder to Camu Camu powder to CoQ10 have all been tested in the past. As I travel throughout Asia, my biggest concern has been on streamlining the natural products that I use. I will keep the list updated as I try internal products along the way.
Here are some products that I have seen great results with so far...
* Convenience store Grapeseed Oil and Olive Oil are just two natural solutions that I've taken on during long stays in Korea and Japan.
Grapeseed oil is lighter than jojoba oil, olive oil, and coconut oil. It can also be cheaper in terms of how much you can get in a large bottle at a supermarket! It's great for applying to sensitive skin.
Olive oil is great for consuming for many reasons. I put Olive oil on just about everything, even sliced apples! It can be good for the hair and skin as well, esp during winter. Olive oil is very popular in Japanese skincare products.
* Korean Convenience store Raison Tea, Hibiscus Tea blend, Peach Tea, Jeju Green Tea, Jeju Tangerine Juice, Apple Juice, and Jujube Tea have all been great. The one that really had the fastest result though was the Jujube Tea! This product was freaky at how fast it worked! It's great for people who need to calm down from anxiety or insomnia. It calms you down so fast without making you too sleepy. It's an odd feeling actually! This is due to the protein that's in the Jujube (Chinese date). It's enough protein to keep you awake or desire just a short nap. Again, it's an odd feeling.
All of these teas and juices are great for your skin and overall health though!
* Japanese Collagen Drink "The Collagen" is a 50 ml bottle that you can purchase at a convenience store. It's not that expensive if you purchase it in Japan. The 10 bottle pack is the cheapest way to go if you stop by a Japanese drugstore. It's a popular item. You'll see results in as little as 2-3 days.
It's 1000 mg of fish collagen with some added extras. It's the best type of collagen because it's easily absorbed. The brand also comes in other forms like powder (5,000 mg) The fruity flavored collagen drink is the easiest for travelers though. It's also good for working your way up in collagen amounts. I personally feel that 1000 mg - 3000 mg is a good amount to take daily and/or every other day.
This product is also stated to be good for stress relief. Take it within an hour of bedtime to see benefits in the morning. Sleep is great for cell renewal.
* Japanese C1000 Vitamin Lemon Drink is a carbonated vitamin energy drink with 1000 mg of Vit C. It also has Vitamin E, B1, etc. You can purchase this at a convenience store. The one with 10000 mg of Collagen and 10 mg Hyaluronic Acid is the best one to get. It's a great value in bottle size and price if you're looking for an alternative to the "The Collagen" product.
* Japanese Green Teas are great for your health as well.
* Japanese Lipton Lemon Tea (Cold beverage or Hot beverage). I actually saw a Japanese girl grab the hot tea version. The next day I grabbed the cold tea version because it was a nice day. Both would satisfy anyone though! Take note of what the locals are buying in convenience stores. It can save you a lot of time! ;)