Do you have a Work Life Balance?
* Update - Two female idols passed away recently from work and life stresses. One passed within a day of me posting this. All of my posts on my blog are for a reason. I've seen the sad faces on many women today. I've seen their bad relationships. I see even more as I travel the World. If I make light of topics, it's because situations weren't serious. However, if something is indeed serious, I don't let it slide easily.
This is just an FYI to why I do what I do and say what I say on my blog.
My "controversial" perspectives are indeed valid.
The topic of a Work Life Balance is interesting, especially as I travel through Asia. It comes with different perspectives from different age groups. The topic of work becomes even more interesting for those who travel and work at the same time.
As a digital nomad, I've had to adjust to how I get in my work hours and "me time" in. It helps if you love what you do so that it doesn't become "work", but a work life balance is really about health and wellness at the end of the day. You have to really put yourself first in a lot of instances. This will keep you from becoming moody and petty. It's one reason that I have a love-hate relationship with many generations today...ok Humans in general. lol
Here's how I maintain self care when I'm working and traveling...
* Naps! - Naps are important. A good 1-2 hours of ZZZ is still a nap folks! I don't know who came up with this 10 minute "Cat Nap"nonsense. lol If you find that you knock out for 1-2 hours, take that break!
* Music - Smooth Jazz calms my nerves when I'm feeling a little moody. Some people may prefer Classical music. Either one provides you with instrumentals for focus and relaxation. Enjoy a few hours of it (playing or listening). :)
* Nutrition - Nothing boosts your mental mood more than a fruit snack. There is satisfaction in taking a break to peel an orange or a tangerine. The happy citrus energy uplifts you. Even peeling and eating a banana gives you a nice dose of stress reducing potassium.
* Get Around Water - This can be an ocean, river, canal, lake, and/or bathtub! Take a soak or stroll around water when you can for some healing.
* Retail and/or Spa Therapy - Shopping and Spas are common in many countries. Seek them out! You can even have a Spa Day or Spa Hours in your own living environment. Get to know your energy patterns to recognize when you need a break from your work efforts. Spending money on your wellbeing is ALWAYS worth it. :) Don't forget to put some aside in passive income investments for those rainy days though. ;)